Friday, November 14, 2008

Bircher Müsli muffins


Please tell me when I start to bore you with my yoghurt obsession. It's just that these recipes seem to be haunting me and when something as brilliant as a Bircher Müsli Muffin catches my eye... well you know the rest. I mean Bircher müsli and muffins - two dear things to me - combined into one! I'm in breakfast heaven.





These go great with some cream cheese and a cup of coffee on a weekday morning and stay fresh and moist when kept in an airtight container... and I'll say it just this one time anymore: It's the yoghurt and apple that do it!


Bircher Müsli Muffins (10 muffins)


4 dl (1 3/4 cups) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3,5 dl (1 1/2 cups) untoasted müsli and extra to sprinkle on top
1,20 dl (1/2 cup) brown sugar
0,5 teaspoon mixed spice (I used cinnamon)
1,20 dl (1/2 cup) plain natural yoghurt
0,60 dl (1/4 cup) milk
0,60 dl (1/4 cup) canola oil or basic cooking oil
1 egg
1 apple (preferably Granny Smith)


Preheat oven to 180 °C.
Mix together all the fluid ingredients: yoghurt, milk, oil and egg.
Grate the apple and add to the mixture.
Mix flour and baking powder together and combine with all the other dry ingredients: sugar, müsli and spice mix.
Mix lightly together the dry and fluid ingredients, just until they are combined and spoon the mixture into muffin cups or tray until 2/3 full.
Sprinkle with extra müsli and bake for 20 to 25 minutes and let cool completely before eating. If you can!




Source: http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=645093

4 comments:

Mallory Elise said...

nice scrunchy burnt parchment around the muffins, very classy too.

oh its never a bad thing to be yogurt obsessed. :)

Julia @ crazyaboutbretzels said...

Hi Mallory! Thanks! (that wasn't actually planned with the burning but let's not tell anyone..!) :)

Nelle said...

I absolutely love your pictures. They are exactly like in the best cookery books I have.

Julia @ crazyaboutbretzels said...

Thank you, Nelle:) your compliment made my day:)