Saturday, November 1, 2008

The healthiest mousse au chocolat I ever ate



As much as I like chocolate, 99 % chocolate is just too much chocolate. 85 % is the limit and still that is very strong to my taste. I'd been saving a 99 % chocolate bar, that I got for my 24th birthday, for something special and this week I found the perfect recipe for it.
My mother arrived today to visit me for one week (yey!), and I wanted to make her something good. This avocado based mousse au chocolat was perfect since she can't have any dairy products. The avocado adds a soft taste to the bitter chocolate and makes the mousse so silky that eating it was pure pleasure. I had to make some changes to the original recipe which uses cocoa powder instead of dark chocolate. So if you prefer that, just use 3-4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and forget the whole thing with the chocolate melting.

Thank you, Monkeyfood for this awesome recipe! It was the perfect welcoming dessert.






Mousse au chocolat végan - the healthiest chocolate mousse I ever had


1 ripe avocado
40 grams 99 % chocolate (or 0,60 dl cocoa powder)
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
60 ml warm water
powder sugar to taste


Scoop the flesh of the soft avocado into a blender (or a bowl if you are using a handblender) and add the lemon juice, cinnamon and warm water.
Carefully melt the chocolate in a pot (make sure it doesn't heat more than necessry, that is, until it has melted) and add it to the other ingredients.
Blend the ingredients until you have a smooth mixture.
Adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding powder sugar. Some like it more bitter as some enjoy it more sweet!





Source: http://monkeyfood.net/



2 comments:

Jael said...

Nami, olen tätä moussea tehnyt parisen vuotta mutten vielä kokeillut sulatetun suklaan kanssa, pitääpä seuraavan kerran kokeilla.Avokaadomousse on alunperin elävän keittiön aarteita ja tuli tutuksi, kun kokeilin sellaista ruokavaliota jonkun aikaa.

Julia @ crazyaboutbretzels said...

aarre tosiaan! avokado taittoi niin kivasti tumman suklaan makua. Olen myös joskus tutustunut elävään ruokavalioon mutta tämä ei silloin tullut vastaan. parempi myöhään kuin ei milloinkaan!